Graduate Client Operations Associate
Our client, a leading international investment office, is currently looking for a driven candidate with strong quantitative skills & an active interest in investments to join their Operations team as a Client Operations Associate. This is a fantastic opportunity for a graduate with a strong academic background & some prior experience within financial services.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Grasp a detailed understanding of the products that clients invest in, with specific attention paid to redemption requirements (incl. fund notice periods, gates, fees, lock up periods).
- Liaise with custodians, trustees and third-party administrators, to ensure investments are correctly transacted and settled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that authorisations to investment recommendations are obtained and all orders are implemented in a timely manner whilst maintaining the necessary supporting documentation.
- Monitor client’s cash and securities accounts by closely managing the relationships with their custodians, trustees or other third parties.
- Regularly update client balance sheets and review holdings versus asset allocation targets.
- Prepare detailed forward foreign exchange contract instructions as necessary to adjust and obtain the client’s required underlying currency exposure within their portfolios.
- Track currency execution to completion by comparing trade confirmations to internal systems.
- Monthly and quarterly client reporting.
- Ensure that account opening documents are completely and accurately completed and filed.
Experience & Qualifications
Excellent academic record, having graduated from a reputable university with a 1:1 or 2:1 degree, as well as strong A’ Levels (Maths / Economics is preferred but not essential).
Must have prior experience of working within Financial Services, ideally another asset manager, either through an industrial placement year, long term internship or as a first job.
Good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel / Outlook.
Be an articulate self-starter with strong analytical and organisational skills.
Be able to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure.
Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment.
Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be very comfortable working with numbers.
Have a high degree of integrity and professionalism and be a collaborative “team player”.
To hear more about this challenging opportunity, please contact Bradley Starr on 020 7847 8876 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Please note: that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feed back on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.